Please Tell Me What I'm Doing Wrong!

Baking By Ritakk Updated 15 Jul 2010 , 9:24pm by Loucinda

Ritakk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ritakk Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 5

I am using the AMAZING Chocolate WASC Cake

Posted by Cakepro in Cake Mix Cakes

I am using the Wilton 11 x 15 sheet cake pan. I follow directions and my cake always over flows some. I don't understand. My white cakes using the original WASC cake in this same pan comes out just perfect. What is it that makes the chocolate cake run over. Someone please tell me. This cake doesn't rise and my pan is only 2" high, so I need the cake to be full size. Also they even fall in the middle some even with the nail in the middle of the pan. Ugh! Please help ASAP. If someone can save me, I will redo these cakes, but I'm just about all but giving up on the chocolate cakes for now. If there is another good chocolately recipe that is full proof please lead me to it! THanks CC'ers.

Rita

4 replies
chillilannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chillilannie Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 5

I use macsmom chocolate WASC recipe. Never fails and it tastes great.

I do use the flower nail in the centre as well as bakeright strips and I lower my oven temp to 325.

Hope this helps.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 5

1. Chocolate cake mixes make more batter than white cake mixes (atleast that has been my experince with them.)

2. Chocolate cake mixes may naturally rise higher than white cake mixes.

Ritakk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ritakk Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 9:20pm
post #4 of 5

Chillilanne, Do you use the 11 x 15 x 2 with that recipe? How well do you like the flavor? Off to find it...thanks.

I am using the bake even strips also, and have the oven preheated to 325 degrees also.... icon_cry.gif

I think I'll try the other choco recipe...

Thanks.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 9:24pm
post #5 of 5

If your cake is overflowing the pan, that is why it isn't rising, once it over flows, it affects the ability to rise properly. Don't fill the pan as full and see how that works for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%