Question About Cricut Cake Frosting Sheets....

Decorating By cakeflake80 Updated 15 Jul 2010 , 5:25pm by catlharper

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 6:00am
post #1 of 2

So I was wandering around AC Moore yesterday and happened to see the end cap that had the Cricut Cake accessories. They had packages of frosting sheets in different color combinations. I don't have a Cricut and don't think I will ever get one, but I was wondering.....are these frosting sheets similar to edible image sheets? They are just sheets in solid colors, so it got me thinking that if they were I could use them to make cutouts for cookies (like you would with fondant, but I hate the way fondant tastes on cookies) and also for maybe a ribbon border around a cake (I normally make it with fondant but have major issues with getting it even, etc). They are pricey, but not so bad with a coupon. Any thoughts??

1 reply
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 2

No, they are not. They are fairly ridgid and when you use the cricut to cut them you get a wafer thin piece of fondant like substance...it does melt on buttercream but will hold up stiff on fondant. Theoretically if you could make a cutter that has really sharp, blade like, edges on it you could cut out of a frosting sheet but they are made to be cut with the cricut blade which is very sharp. But they are not as thin as an edible transfer sheet. Hope I helped! Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%