? For Those Who Make Pillow Cakes

Decorating By adonisthegreek1 Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 12:34am by Shannon1129

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:07am
post #1 of 8

Do you normally bake 2 ten inch squares?
After trimming, how many does it feed?
Do you flip and completely cover both sides with fondant?
As far as pricing, do you charge the same as you would for any other fondant cake?

I have not made one yet, but I want to give it a try. Yes, I know there is a tutorial on here. I saw it done a different way on youtube. Just wondering what you all do. Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

7 replies
nayomee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nayomee Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:16am
post #2 of 8

i am supposed to make a pillow cake for my sisters bridal shower... i planned on buying the pillow pan set that Wilton offers, seems like it'll be easy!

adonisthegreek1 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 11:19am
post #3 of 8

Oh, I did hear that Wilton now sells a pillow pan. I haven't seen it sold near me though.

nayomee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nayomee Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 3:05am
post #4 of 8

yes, they now sell a pillow pan set of 3... u can find it online at wilton.com, but i bought mines with the 40% off coupon at Michaels, lol.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:24pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayomee

yes, they now sell a pillow pan set of 3... u can find it online at wilton.com, but i bought mines with the 40% off coupon at Michaels, lol.

Have you used your pans yet? I was wondering if you had any feedback on their performance. Please let me know.

Caakies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caakies Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:34pm
post #6 of 8

I got the Wilton pillow pan set and have used it once. The picture is posted on my profile. Got it at A.C. Moore and used a 50% off coupon. icon_biggrin.gif

adonisthegreek1 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 8

Oh, thank you so much for posting that. They don't have those pans at Joann's, only the new "gold" square pans. I will try Michael's or Hobby Lobby. They have 40% off coupons.

Shannon1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannon1129 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:34am
post #8 of 8

I used this video and it was pretty easy : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EntQd2GNtA4&feature=related

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%