Any Ideas For An All Walks Of Life Cake?

Decorating By joy5678 Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 3:14pm by joy5678

joy5678 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joy5678 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 3:39am
post #1 of 5

Need ideas for an "All Walks of Life" themed Birthday Cake. It will be 3 tiered, 6,8 & l0". I'm stumped right now. This is a sweet lady who will be 30. She gives herself a birthday party and invites all her friends that have helped her thru some rough times. The twist is....she gives them gifts and wants nothing for herself. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

4 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:24am
post #2 of 5

shoes come to mind.
"You don't know someone until you have walked in their shoes"

joy5678 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:24am
post #3 of 5

Thanks myslady, I didn't think about that. Good idea. Now I've got to think about how to incorporate the idea. Anymore suggestions will be appreciated. icon_smile.gif

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:03am
post #4 of 5

When I think of "All walks of Life", the thing that comes to my mind is the various paths people walk through in life. So maybe you could do a spiral cake (like the picture) and have it as a path "of life" if you like and you could do important scenes from her life possibly in edible print out photos? or you could do it loosely interpreted with fondant cut outs or something. I have a picture in my head that might not be translating into words xD

I like that foot prints in the sand poem, maybe you could incorporate something similar.

But then again I'm a newbie and haven't had anything like this so maybe I'm over thinking it... maybe you should ignore me ^_^
LL

joy5678 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 5

Lisa, I love your idea. And I can incorporate it with the poem (which I love) and possibly make different sized foot prints on the path. Thank you so much. Even though you're a newbie don't ever sell yourself short. Sounds like you need a good dose of encouragement. I looked at your cakes and they are terrific. You do a great job! Stay on CC and you'll learn alot and be become more confident in yourself!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%