Whipped Cream Filling?

Baking By leah379 Updated 15 Jul 2010 , 12:24am by leah379

leah379 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 8

I just got an order from a customer for a 3 tiered wedding cake. In one of the tiers she wants whipped cream filling. I asked her if she meant whipped cream cheese filling and she said no, like the whipped cream you buy at Albertsons for strawberries. Is it even possible to do that in a cake??? My thoughts is that the whipped cream will liquify. Is there something I can add to whipped cream or a recipe of the same taste that I can use? PLEASE HELP!!!! icon_surprised.gif)

7 replies
Skidoochic Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 8

You could try Bettercreme. HTH.

floral1210 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 8

I think you can stabilize the whipped cream. That should add enough body.

leah379 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 7:04pm
post #4 of 8

How would I stablize it?

Kibosh Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 7:20pm
post #5 of 8

Not sure where you are, but we have something called "whip it" from Dr. Oetker(sp). It's a stabilzer. It's in the baking isle, usually by the puddings.


floral1210 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 8

There is also a way to use piping gel...I think the "recipe" is in the recipe section here. I think it is called Amazing Stabilized Whipped Cream or something of that nature.

bmoser24 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 11:57pm
post #7 of 8

Here is a link http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7347/amazing-stabilized-whipping-cream ,
or use Pastry Pride, or bettercream

leah379 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 12:24am
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone! I checked out that recipe and I think it is exactly what she wants. You guys are awesome! icon_surprised.gif)

Quote by @%username% on %date%