Clear Pattern Stamps

Decorating By MessMaker Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 2:42am by MessMaker

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 3:44am
post #1 of 4

HI!
I was scanning around Global Sugar Arts website, and notice that the has some Clear pattern Stamps that are used to emboss beautiful motifs, designs and lettering into fondant and gum-paste.

Could some one please tell me how it is done?

I have and idea, but am not sure, do I just apply them to the acrylic block, and press it into the fondant until the design is clearly visible in the fondant?

Has anyone ever done this?

Im thinking its kind of like the impression mats only smaller impressions where you want them, Right?

3 replies
Jesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesa Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:19am
post #2 of 4

If I am understanding what you're asking correctly, I've done this with some of my fondant decorations (want to look at my clock-shaped cake pic to confirm?). I've just used the stamps like for scrapbooking and card making, and used exactly the method you described--press into the fondant and go icon_smile.gif super easy, turns out cute.

I've done it with gumpaste too. It seemed to be easier for both after they'd had just a little time to set up some so they weren't super sticky, the stamp released better from the shapes. If you have any questions and what I've got photos of looks like what you're thinking, feel free to ask!

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:35am
post #3 of 4

I was just looking at these on GSA....I think they are the neatest little things and they would be a simple way to get an elegant look on any cake!

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:42am
post #4 of 4

Thanks Jesa

Im gonna try it on my next practice cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%