Fondont Covered Cake With Raspberry Filling

Decorating By Jerzeygirl Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 1:23am by quietude

Jerzeygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jerzeygirl Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:05am
post #1 of 2

Hello

I am doing my daughters birthday cake for this Saturday, i have already made the cake its in the freezer will be taking it out tomorrow. Also making the raspberry filling tomorrow (Wed). Do you think I can fill the cake tomorrow night, and cover with fondont on Thursday. I would like to leave a little extra time to cover the cake, it;s my first fondont covered cake. Here's another question with a filling of raspberry cream, and covered in fondont can I put the cake in the fridge. I'm assuming the cake will have some condensation. Can i put the finished cake in the fridge.
Please Help Me.
Thank you in advance!

1 reply
quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:23am
post #2 of 2

Your time frame is fine, I usually start a day later - but that shouldn't really matter. As for needing to refrigerate with the raspberry cream filling, it just depends on whether you used some perishable ingredients in making it. If you do have to refrigerate once it's covered in fondant, don't worry. Just seal the cake in a cardboard box and take it out on Saturday in enough time for everything to come to room temp. Remember to not touch the cake until any condensation has had a chance to dry.

HTH,

Kim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%