Does Anybody Know Anything About Airbrushing?

Decorating By thatslifeca Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 4:14am by icer101

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:47am
post #1 of 4

Ok, I've read on CC how we are always learning new things about cake decorating, so today when I got my Michaels 40% coupon, off I went and bought an airbrush icon_biggrin.gif . The problem is that I have no clue how to use the darn thing. I read and reread the directions. Put the thing together, got the airbrush paint in there and started practising. My back spalsh was a neat color of pink before I realized what was going on lol. I'm don't understand 1 thing thou. Do you use just the airbrush paint or do you have to dilute it with alcohol? What is a good distance to hold the airbrush at? Any help would be appreciated.

3 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:58am
post #2 of 4

hi, i do airbrush at times on my cakes. i taught myself 14 yrs. ago with books and videos. i just checked for you on youtube.com. i typed in , how to airbrush on cakes. There are plenty tutorials that will help you greatly. i,m fixing to check it out myself, to see if i can learn anything new. hth

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:02am
post #3 of 4

Thanks icer, I'm going to have to check those out.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:14am
post #4 of 4

look at site. wonderhowto.com and wilton.com. under a piece of cake. tutorial on these sites also. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%