Creme Bouquet

Decorating By deelovlie1 Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 7:32pm by carmijok

deelovlie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deelovlie1 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 14

Hello everyone, I have read somewhere in here that there is an alternative for creme bouquet since it is hard to get a hold of...and I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to pass down the recipe?? I cannot find it anywhere??? well If you can I would really appreciate it =) Thank you guys!!!

13 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 14

It's not hard to order online. I've also found it at cake supply stores. Get a small bottle. It's cheap and it lasts a long time because a little goes a LONG way. I get the CK Cream Bouquet.
here's a site:
http://www.shopbakersnook.com/m5_view_item.html?m5:item=3273

you can also find it on Amazon.com

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 14

A good sub. would be 1t. lemon extract, 1t. vanilla, 1t. almond, and 1t. butter extract.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 9:42pm
post #4 of 14

A good sub. for wedding bouquet is 1/2 t. vanilla, 1/2t. almond extract, and 1/2 butter extract.

deelovlie1 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Show

A good sub. would be 1t. lemon extract, 1t. vanilla, 1t. almond, and 1t. butter extract.

icon_biggrin.gif Yes I believe this is exactly what I was looking for!!! I do remember when I seen it on a post in here it did have lemon in it...thank you both so much for your response

shari22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shari22 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 14

Is that Tablespoon or teaspoon?

deelovlie1 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 11:16pm
post #7 of 14

I think its a tsp cause usually they will put a lowercase t for tsp and uppercase T for Tblsp....

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 6:52am
post #8 of 14

Do many of you use creme bouquet? I tried it once and didn't care for the taste almost perfume like to me.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 6:59am
post #9 of 14

maybe try wedding bouquet?

deelovlie1 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 10:03am
post #10 of 14

well I actually tried it for the first time the other day and it was the bomb!!! I think I will be using it pretty often.. icon_wink.gif

carmijok Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:42pm
post #11 of 14

I use it all the time. Just don't use much because it is VERY potent. It's the secret to my cakes. I use a little less than a 1/2 tsp to Betty Crocker French Vanilla, Lemon or Strawberry box cakes and I swear you will think they are scratch. I found out about it at the bakery I worked for. I put a little in some buttercream the other day and oh my goodness! So good. A little orange or lemon zest added and it would have been a perfect citrus frosting.

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:00pm
post #12 of 14

I didn't like the WB flavoring the first time that I used it - thought it was 'perfumy.' Based on other's comments, I probably used too much. To reinforce my belief - last night I blended the buttercream with wedding bouquet flavoring with some other that was flavored with almond extract - and a little too strong to suit me. The resultant blend was delicious! I'm definitely going to use the WB again... but probably less than half of what I did before.

shari22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shari22 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:53pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

I use it all the time. Just don't use much because it is VERY potent. It's the secret to my cakes. I use a little less than a 1/2 tsp to Betty Crocker French Vanilla, Lemon or Strawberry box cakes and I swear you will think they are scratch. I found out about it at the bakery I worked for. I put a little in some buttercream the other day and oh my goodness! So good. A little orange or lemon zest added and it would have been a perfect citrus frosting.

Which one did you use the wedding or creme? Oh my goodness i have to tell you that your avatar picture is HYSTERICAL!!!

carmijok Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 7:32pm
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari22

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

Which one did you use the wedding or creme? Oh my goodness i have to tell you that your avatar picture is HYSTERICAL!!!

I use CK's Creme Bouquet. And thanks. Yes, I felt a connection to 'tequilla cat' so I had to use it. I tried to make my own, but putting a sliced lime on a cat's head is a lot harder than it looks! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%