Airbrush Systems

Decorating By Mindy400 Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 7:31am by Sharonvdberg

Mindy400 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mindy400 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:57pm
post #1 of 10

I am looking to purchase an airbrush system. Can anyone recommend one in the $100-$150 range. I'm considering the "Premium "Salon Air" Professional Airbrush System.

9 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 10

I have the Salon Air and like it. I like that there is a pressure control button, so you don't blow stuff off your cake when airbrushing due to the pressure! lol I think it was $150.

seeshores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seeshores Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 10

do you or your husband have a air compressor if so just buy the pencil airbrush with pressure control I have one works great oh and it cost me $7.95 here in Canada.

jerseygirlNga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:23pm
post #4 of 10

Nicholas Lodge just started selling one that has an extra valve on it. Suppose to stop all sputtering. My plan is to have one by Christmas but haven't done any research.

Crustymuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crustymuffin Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 10

I really depends on what you want to do.
Iv'e been airbrushing for 18 years now.
I would only get one with
*duel action (push down = air, push down & back = spray)
*Gravity fed Air Brush with a large cup perminatly mounted to the top[/list]

If I were in that price range I woud buy this:
Iwata High Performance Plus HP-C Plus with Aircompressor for $259.00 thumbs_up.gif
http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/abdkit4004.aspx

One major word of advice!
You really do get what you pay for though. I would save longer or try to find a used one so you do not waist your money on a cheep one that does not spray fine detials or cloggs all the time.

I use the Iwata CM-C. It is very pricy but can spray a hair line. You may not need somting like that.

Sundre01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sundre01 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 10

My husband bought me one from ebay for Chirstmas - It came with 2 guns, 3 glass jars for color, the compressor, and 6 colors. It was about $226 Canadian. I LOVE IT!! I just saw just this morning on Amazon.com systems that include the identical compressor to mine, complete with colors $120-150, the colors are very reasonably priced also. For me it was a great one to start with, the compressor is light weight but powerful, it has suction cups on the feet so it does not slide all over your cupboard, the choice of colors was a nice addition and the price was right! It does take a while of practice but even just to add a pearl finish to a elegant cake is awesome. GOOD LUCK!

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 10

We do carry an excellent Air Brush system, the same one the Nicholas Lodge sells. It is item #25750 and sells for $139.99. I highly recommend this system which includes a vapor trap. ALan

Sharonvdberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sharonvdberg Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 7:35am
post #8 of 10

thanks AlanT
Anybody care to comment on this system?

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:26pm
post #9 of 10

I should also let you know that we offer the Fat Daddio's Two Stage Airbrush system which is a step above. It comes with a heavy duty compressor, moisture trap and 2 stage airbrush. Alan

Sharonvdberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sharonvdberg Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 7:31am
post #10 of 10

Thanks. Dad said I should get one with a tank for even pressure. I think I'll go for this one. can it convert to 220V?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%