Anyone Ever Work At A Costco Bakery..

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 6:07pm by Franluvsfrosting

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 12:39am
post #1 of 8

What did they use for the Jumbo muffin pans?? What about muffin liners? I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find any pans like that...any other tips recipes,secrets etc you can share icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
kellymarie Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:37am
post #2 of 8

I've been trying to figure this out since you posted.... it was driving me crazy ha ha. FINALLY i think i may have found it from a supplier i use for my cupcake containers....BUT they are pricey i think (unless i am reading wrong which is totally possible with this prego brain of mine lol)

the item # is VNLF1209FL-1  

I'm still looking for more of a paper mold but who knows... icon_wink.gif

kellymarie Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:38am
post #3 of 8

Okay at the very bottom of that page they have a paper one with a way more reasonable price- and this company has great shipping options for Canada, as far as i am concerned icon_wink.gif

thatslifeca Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:59am
post #4 of 8

A friend of mine works at the Cosco near where I live ( Canada). The muffins are a bag mix that they add water too. The tin's I'd love to have too, I asked her about it once and she said all she new was that they came from a supplier. Wow that was a lot of help huh? I believe she told me that everything they need comes from their headoffice or something. All their department head does is order the bags of muffin mix....bread mix....cake mix.....pre made icing's.....getting the picture now? LOL . Oh yes....and the job application to work in that department stated no exprience necessary...will train. that I've said that...I wonder how she got the job....she's very well trained!!!!

Franluvsfrosting Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:20am
post #5 of 8

I don't know if you have them in Canada but I've seen the jumbo paper liners at Cash n Carry. It's a restaurant supply store and I can get all sorts of fun stuff there; flavored coffee syrups that I use as moistening syrups, Pastry Pride, sleeve fillings, blocks of caramel and having nothing to do with cake, caramel apple cow tails and cartons of jet tea! Love that store!

sweetiesbykim Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:32am
post #6 of 8

I have some really heavy industrial size baking/muffin pans from an old used restaurant supply place in our area, and the shape looks like the muffins they show online under Costco. They are fully coated with old baked on greasy sludge, so I washed the few I use. I think the baker that originally had them made individual caramel rolls with them. At least that's what the sludge looks like!

The pan is full size, and my old neighbor had to cut the ends off so I could get them in my normal size oven. Each pan holds 24 FULL size cupcakes/muffins. I make my MEGA filled cupcakes with these pans. Each muffin section of the pan has a 3" bottom. There is a marking on each pan as:

This is the closest pan I can find to the dimensions I've measured:

Kiddiekakes Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone for helping me search..It would be nice sometimes if you could get ahold of the information from the compnay but we all know they won't give it they just want you to buy from them!

Franluvsfrosting Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 6:07pm
post #8 of 8

I don't know if this is the actual one they use but I thought I'd pass the link along. icon_smile.gif*50894*77302*77308*〈=en-US

ETA: If you do end up spending that much money on a muffin pan, measure your oven first! That sucker looks HUGE!! icon_eek.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%