Contest Suggestion

Decorating By m0use Updated 4 Sep 2005 , 7:08pm by MissBaritone

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 2:13am
post #1 of 8

I was thinking that maybe our next contest should reflect hero work...in light of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina I'm sure there are some hard working hero's out there doing some very hard work...this could be our way of thanking them..
Cakes might have red cross things on them, or firefighters, police officers, people serving in the armed services, a family member who works selflessly for others, rescue swimmers, etc...

7 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 11:38am
post #2 of 8

I was also thinking that instead of the first place winner getting a book, they could have a small donation made to their charity of choice...like red cross or something..

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 8:58am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0use

I was also thinking that instead of the first place winner getting a book, they could have a small donation made to their charity of choice...like red cross or something..

That would be a great idea. It means those of us who live in other countries could enter too. I was gutted when I found out I wasn't able to enter the contests

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 8

Hi MissBaritone! Just curious about why you can't enter the contests. Janice

unforgetable2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unforgetable2u Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 6:24pm
post #5 of 8

I think this is a wonderful idea and I am also wondering why people from other countries can't enter the contests?

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by unforgetable2u

I think this is a wonderful idea and I am also wondering why people from other countries can't enter the contests?

This restriction of USA or Canada residents is due to the cost of shipping the prize. Now that the store is open and we have a little more revenue to operate on we will discuss this limitation to see if we can justify the added cost.

unforgetable2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unforgetable2u Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 6:42pm
post #7 of 8

thank you for answering so fast icon_wink.gif

MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 7:08pm
post #8 of 8

I always presumed it was the cost of shipping the prize but if the prize is going to be a donation to charity there's no reason why any of us can't enter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%