Sitting Up Baby

Decorating By lilthorner Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 7:58pm by lilthorner

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:49pm
post #1 of 8

I am supposed to do this baby laying down, but I wanted to know if you would/could make it sitting.. I was thinking about rice krispies for the head..
whatcha think?
LL

7 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:53am
post #2 of 8

I think it would be cute if you did. You'd also need to make the arms out of RKT, fondant/gumpaste. Are you going to tackle it? Good luck.

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:05am
post #3 of 8

I would do it sitting. You could use the wondermold pan for the body and either cake or RKT for the head. The over all shape of it reminds me of the Littlest pet shop cake I made. Good luck and post pics.

lilthorner Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:07pm
post #4 of 8

Jamielt76, on the littlest pet shop cake did you have something under the head to support the cake?
i need 40 servings..

Jaimelt76 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 8

FromScratch has posted instructions for her bobble head petshop. These instructions are better than the way I supported mine. I hope they help you. Here is the link to the instructions.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=620771&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

lilthorner Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 7:31pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimelt76

FromScratch has posted instructions for her bobble head petshop. These instructions are better than the way I supported mine. I hope they help you. Here is the link to the instructions.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=620771&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=15

thank you! I didn't know she posted instructions.. I really appreciate the link.. Funny, is what I was basically thinking is what she did.. hmmmmmm

Jaimelt76 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 8

You are welcome. Make sure to post pics when you are done.

lilthorner Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 7:58pm
post #8 of 8

It's for Saturday so I don't know if I am going to do it. The customer has already paid for the flat (still rounded, not totally flat) so I wouldn't charge her the diff. I would eat it in the name of practice lolol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%