2 Theme 50Th Anniversary Cake Ideas Help Please....

Decorating By strathmore Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 10:49pm by CBMom

strathmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strathmore Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for an 8inch round 50th anniversary cake. She as left it up to me to go either themed or a conventional design. So I don't know what to do !!!LOL The themes are bowls for her, and horse harness racing for him. His racing colours are salmon pink with green stripes. For the traditional design I was planning on white with a cake topper of gold roses and 50 and ribbon on the bottom. For the themed I have some ideas like a bowls green and balls on the top, pink sides with green,pink/black ball border and maybe horse/sulky shillouette on side or just gold intertwined horseshoes on the topper. Anyone have any other ideas ?? This is a second order for this client and have crept the price up now that I know I have been too cheap so its still got to be awesome. Thanks for your help CC friends.

3 replies
CBMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CBMom Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 4

Bowls?
Like mixing bowls? Fancy china bowls? Chinese/asian rice bowls?

Hmmmm...

OK, so depending on the bowl thing...It's an 8" round, and you want it to look fabulous.

So right off the bat, I'm thinking the cake has to look bigger/taller than it actually is...so, make the cake stand a bowl.

A pretty bowl, maybe one of hers from her collection.
That lifts the cake up, and incorporates her without any effort at all.

Or...use a clear bowl, fill it with gold glass beads.. or the pink and salmon beads.
Or...use four candle stick holders, lifting the cake up, and place a pretty china delicate bowl underneath.
Pretty white tulle soft fabric, or salmon pink, or green, to fluff/cloud...you get the idea.

I really like the gold intertwined horseshoe topper idea.
Traditional cake, with that witty adorable topper, and you've got yourself a 3rd order icon_smile.gif

HTH!!

icon_smile.gif

strathmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strathmore Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 9:36pm
post #3 of 4

Ok sorry its bowls as in on grass with balls !! But yes considering the (cheap) cost of the cake I think a topper in the traditional style might be easier...

CBMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CBMom Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 4

Aahhh, bowling balls!!

Of course, if I had read a little more carefully, a bowls green is lawn bowling! icon_smile.gif

I think I would still do the traditional cake, horse shoe topper, and around the bottom of the topper, do the fondant balls in pink and green...do the lawn balls have numbers on them? You could put those on in white.

Don't forget to post a picture! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%