Decorating Supplies- List??

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 12:52pm by chellescountrycakes

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 10:46am
post #1 of 2

I will be making a trip back to the US (VA) (have relocated from there recently)..and want to buy some decorating supplies.
Im still new at cake decorating...have some supplies, but i tend to buy as i go along...like when i need to make a specific cake, i'll buy some extra stuff for that cake.

But since im going back, i want to somewhat stock up...any reccomendations on what all i shud get?
So far my list has:

-magic line pans
-fondant smoother
-bench scraper
-Luster dust
-Americolor gel
-Paint brushes
-dragees
-1M tip for cupcakes!

I also wanted to get the wires that i see attached to so many cakes. Where would I get those?

Anything else to add to my list. I wanted to buy either an airbrush or a Agbay...but its so pricey!!!

I have started to work with fondant (MMF)...any good tools you reccomend for that? Currently I just use my handy dandy pizza cutter for all my shapes...

TIA!!!

1 reply
chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 12:52pm
post #2 of 2

Wilton has a 'tool kit' thing- its got differnt ball tools and such to use on fondant/gumpaste there are like 10 or so tools in it and it costs about 20.00 at walmart.

I use a scalpel or exacto knife for cutting-

Look on the clay ilse and get a pizza cutter thing over there - its green plastic and comes with one thats wavy too.

and a clay extruder.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%