How Long Can A Finished Cake Sit Out?

Decorating By lovenintheoven Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 2:37pm by lovenintheoven

lovenintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovenintheoven Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 4

I am pretty sure of the answers, but want 100% confirmation from you pros! I am making a cake for a friend's bday, but her party is on the 31st, and I am leaving 0n the 30th for a trip. Can her husband pick it up the night of the 29th, and be OK with it? Componants/Elements:

BC w/ half butter and half HR shortening
MMF over that
Chocolate cake w/ raspberry filling

We are in a beach community of Los Angeles, and have had a very cool summer thusfar. I am sitting here typing, can't see the ocean because of the fog and mist right now!

Thanks in advance!

3 replies
robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 4

Fondant covered cakes with non-perishable fillings can definitely last 2-3 days, especially if it's sitting in a cardboard box. I think it can last even longer than that, I've just never had to leave it out any longer. icon_smile.gif

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 4

Because of the fruit filling it may start to get a little soggy after day 3 so I'd make sure it was served by then. With standard buttercream filling it can last up to 5 days uncut and stored in a box if not too hot or humid.

lovenintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovenintheoven Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks...much appreciated. And no, it has not been hot, maybe a tad humid, but a cool humid. Like I said, we have had a very cool summer thusfar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%