The Best Cake Pan You Can Get In Ireland Or The Uk ?

Decorating By skinnyminx Updated 7 Jul 2010 , 11:58pm by Irish_Sue

skinnyminx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skinnyminx Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 9:38am
post #1 of 10

hi im just woundering excuse me if this has been discussed before but i cant find it. but what are the best cake tins/pans that are available in the uk or ireland. i see loads on line but there all american an probably cost a fortune to ship to me..the best non stick.. thanks

9 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 10:07am
post #2 of 10

Invita, Silverwood and Windsor are all popular, solid, makes - although i use the my kitchen range from lakeland, and am very happy.
try www.bsguk.org too, as its mainly uk cakers, it can be more useful!
xx

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 10

I use PME tins and have to say they are very good. I have just bought all new tins.

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 2:29pm
post #4 of 10

I thought I would mention also that the PME tins are made by fat daddio icon_biggrin.gif

Irish_Sue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish_Sue Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 10

I love my invicta tins, but I have a couple of silverwood tins which have been quite good too.
Honestly, you don't need to spend a fortune on tins though, for most everyday stuff I am just using the heavy duty tins from tescos. The main reason I bought the invicta tins is because I got a good price for a full set and it is better to have a set of tins of the same make as sometimes the measurements can vary across makes which can cause problems for stacked cakes.

skinnyminx Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 10

hi irish sue perfect they were the two brands i was between.. while i have ya ive posted on other threads but no major respons. what is our equivalent to crisco??

Irish_Sue Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 7:24pm
post #7 of 10

If you are in the UK, have a look at Windsor cake craft for the invicta tins - I bought the full set (4-14 inch round) for about £110 and postage was free which was the cheapest I found them.

I believe Crisco is Trex (UK) or Cookeen (Ireland), it is basically the white fat and the only thing I use it for is stopping my flower paste from sticking while rolling or modelling.

skinnyminx Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 7:56pm
post #8 of 10

thats what i thought it was yuck.. i see most of the recipies on here even buttercream uses crisco instead of butter. shur there would be no tast its pure fat... i use cookeen for my sugar paste modeling to stop it cracking... ya i was on windsor site yesterday an seen the victia tins they look good your cakes obviously come out of the tins o.k but i thought they looked a bit shinny do you have to use greas proof paper with them or can ya get away with just greasing them?? i have 1 silverwoods tin an its handy enough never tried it with paper yet though

Moondance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moondance Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 8:13pm
post #9 of 10

HI Skinnyminx, you do need to grease and line the Invicta tins

Irish_Sue Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:58pm
post #10 of 10

Yep the tins need greasing and lining but they are so easy to do and only need single lining. I particularly love how easy the Invicta tins are to clean icon_wink.gif

I hear ya on the Crisco - I can't imagine using anything like that in my buttercream, sure I'm even reluctant to using it when rolling my icing cause I'm always worried it will make it greasy!! I noticed there are a lot of recipes using it alright though and do wonder what the taste would be like in comparison.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%