Need To Know Which Will Be Faster And Easier?

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 5 Jul 2010 , 12:50am by sweettreat101

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 2

lo's bday is coming up in like 3weeks. i'm also combining it with a babyshower for the new baby which should be here any day now. don't know the sex yet. sooo.... the theme fo lo is either going to be cars or thomas the train. i'd prefer cars. last year i mad ehim a friggin amazing cake but this year i don't want to overdo myself with the newborn and all. i'm not sure what i will be able to accomplish so i'm really debating on the store bakery cakes but i hate to do that if i can pull of something else that's not too hard.

so question is, how can i do a cars cake that's pretty simple? or should i do cupcakes? i reeeeally like the carved car but that is way too much work i think.

or thomas, i know they have that little kit. is that stupid or worth it if i'm in a hurry?

and then there's the baby shower cake. that shouldn't be hard since i can pretty much do whatever i want there.

ANY idea would be MUCH appreciated!!

1 reply
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 12:50am
post #2 of 2

Have you thought about sculpting the car out of rice crispy treats and covering in fondant? This is what I did for my Thomas the Train cake. You can make the car ahead of time and place it on the cake. Kids love to be able to eat the rice crispy figure. I do place a couple dowels under my characters if they are a little heavy. I make my own rice crispy treats to mold I add a little less margarine to make it more stable. Have fun with the party and the new baby.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%