Please Help Me Match These Colors

Decorating By AnnieCahill Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 12:40am by KHalstead

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 12:57pm
post #1 of 8

Ok I just received a plate which will be used for my cousin's baby shower. The theme is two peas in a pod. I thought at first that the colors would be more juniper or sage, but looking at the plate it appears leaf/lime green. Would you guys look at this link and help me figure out what colors I should use? I'm pulling in the design (polka dots) and making a topper out of fondant.

http://www.bigdotofhappiness.com/twpasubash.html

Thanks in advance.

7 replies
aprilblack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilblack Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 1:02pm
post #2 of 8

Looks like Forest Green and maybe mint green? Definitely not lime. That would be brighter and this one has a muted tone to it.. HTH icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 8

Here are some cookies I did for that theme as well.

I belive I used "leaf green" for the dk. green and "avocado" for the light green (americolor gels)
LL
LL

AnnieCahill Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 8

Those are beautiful! Thanks for sharing! DF said lime, but I think that's too neon/bright. I was wondering what the avocado color looked like. I have to place an SPS order soon so I will order a bottle of that.

Thanks so much for your help!

KHalstead Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 8

those cookies are avocado with a light hand, if you use a bit of a heavier hand you get THIS color
LL

AnnieCahill Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 6:51pm
post #6 of 8

Wow that's pretty! It looks completely different than the swatch on the website. I'm going to stop into the cake decorating store and see if they carry that color. Thanks again!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 8

I was also going to say avocado.

KHalstead Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 12:40am
post #8 of 8

avocado is a weird color, it comes out completely different when you add a "tiny bit" than it does if you add a lot!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%