Help Me Make Up My Mind

Decorating By sunsational Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 2:33am by WAdora66

sunsational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunsational Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 6

I am debating on the cricut, I doing some research here the forums, it seems most say that the cricut cake is good. It also seems some of you use the expressions for cutting designs too, but basically the cake is the better to get for cake work designs seems to be the opinion.

The one thing I dont see and I could be missing it ther many posts with the word Cricut in it, I know because cake is new there isnt may cartridges out for it, so can you use any the cricut cartridges for cake version?

Thanks!

5 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 6

You can use ALL of the Cricut cartridges for the cake version. I have 2 that are for the cake and 9 that are for Cricut in general and I use them all in my Cricut Cake!

As for buying it...it depends on WHY you are buying it. I'm a caker (love it for fonts!) as well as a scrapbooker and an event planner so I'm using my CCake for more than just cutting fondant/gumpaste...I bought seperate blades and mats for paper as well and use it quite a bit for that too. So it will depend on how much you think you will really use it if it's worth the cost to you.

Cat

mandymakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandymakescakes Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 6

I'll be honest, I'm not on the Circut Cake bandwagon. I do like the clean lines the Circut makes, but I find myself completely bored by the appearance of cakes decorated with the Circut. There is something "factory" about it. Maybe it's just too clean for my liking.

However, I absolutely agree with catlharper that it'll depend on how much you will actually use it. It sounds like hers with pay for itself 10-fold in a very short time. But if the circut will end up sitting on a shelf or in a cupboard more often than not, a steady hand and an exacto knife are all you really need.

Happy Caking!

tm-treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tm-treats Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 2:34am
post #4 of 6

I'm going through the same process and here's a good blog about the two machines:

http://cuttingedgecakeart.com/blog.php#03122010

I hope this will help you make the decision. icon_smile.gif

sunsational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunsational Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 2:21am
post #5 of 6

thank you this does help, I like it for the fonts and wording more then anything, could be worth waiting I know it will come down in price too...icon_smile.gif

WAdora66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WAdora66 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 2:33am
post #6 of 6

I am debating whether to buy it too. I noticed in the Michael's flyer in Sunday's paper that they were offering for $100 less this week. Might help you save a few bucks, plus the cartridges are on sale too. I have the Cricut Expression and was hoping I could just change out the blade and mat and use it for fondant but someone told me the CC blade won't fit the CE. Bummer. I too would hate to buy such an expensive product if I am not a regular caker. Plus I have heard lots of frustrations with it. Ah, decisions, decisions! Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%