Sew Pattern For Mixer Cover

Decorating By metria Updated 2 Jul 2010 , 9:55pm by Franluvsfrosting

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 7

I've been googling for patterns to make your own mixer cover (e.g. for KitchenAid standing mixer). Some look ok, some look hideous. Has anyone on CC actually made one that they liked? Do they have to use quilted material?

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 7

found this PDF

http://amatricis.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/mixer_cover_pattern_tutorial.pdf

very simple.

no, you don't have to use quilted -- it just has extra stiffness to hold shape on its own better.

as stated in the pdf you can use any material stiff enough to hold its shape and not just slump down ..... so cavans, cotton duck, denim, upholstery fabric

Note that the bias/binding tape will add some stiffness but not a whole lot.

I wouldn't go do far as she did to do my own quilting. I'd buy prequilted material if I went for that look.

Personally, I probably do some kind of canvas or denim.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:39pm
post #3 of 7

I've made them out of vinal so they are easy to wipe off (get table cloths or shower curtains on sale).

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 7

excellent idea! tyvm

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 7

I bought a cover for mine. However, I do like the patern posted by Doug. I think I will try it and add a pocket to the side to put blades in.

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 7

I don't know about anyone else, but I love to look at my Copper KA on my counter. I use it almost everyday, so always wipe it down before and after. I did, however make a bowl cover out of a circle of co-oridinating of fabric with elastic all the way around so I can keep the bowl on the mixer without getting foreign "stuff" in it.

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 9:55pm
post #7 of 7

I special ordered a Copper Pearl mixer just for the color so covering it up isn't something I want to do. It complements my kitchen too so it's part of the decor (and way prettier than my beloved Bosch!)

However, that cover for the mixer bowl idea is a wonderful one! I may have to steal your idea since it seems like I'm always finding stuff in there!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%