Littlest Pet Shop!

Decorating By Tiffthebaker Updated 1 Jul 2010 , 7:43am by sweettreat101

Tiffthebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffthebaker Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 4:45am
post #1 of 2

Pleast help guys! A friend of mine requested a littlest pet shop cake for her soon-to-be 7 yr old daughter, and I have no idea how to draw these little characters, so I'm not sure how to incorporate this into cake. The only thing I can think of is to put some non-edible toys on a cake, but I hate to do that! I like for my whole piece to be edible! Please give me any suggestions you can icon_smile.gif

1 reply
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 7:43am
post #2 of 2

I had to make a My little pony cake a couple of weeks ago and had the same problem of what do I do. I didn't want to add a plastic pony. What I did was search the internet for free coloring page images and printed one out that I really liked. I placed a piece of wax paper over the picture and outlined the picture in royal icing. I then filled in the areas with different colors of royal icing and let it dry. I attached a lollie pop stick to the back using royal icing so that the pony would stand up. You can see the cake in my photos. The little girl loved it and ate the pony like a lollie pop. You can also take a coloring page and poke little holes all along the outlines. When you flip the picture over you will see your pictures in little bumps. You can either place the picture on top of a cake frosted in a crusting butter cream and smooth over the image to leave the imprint on the cake to be colored in or you can use the picture to cut out fondant pieces to make a fondant image. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%