NinaDu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NinaDu Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know where I can buy edible ink for my HP printer? Thanks

7 replies
sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 8

What type of printer do you have? I am also thinking about buying a printer. I know you can buy it online. Google it, if you haven't tried already.

JennasNonna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennasNonna Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 8

Me too! Do you just buy a regular printer and then buy the proper "ink" for it? Can I use an old printer I no longer need? Thanks so much

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 1:28am
post #4 of 8

You really want to stay away from the HP. The cartridges for HP are remanufactured. That is they take empty regular ink cartridges, clean them out and then fill them with edibles.

You are better off using Canon or Epson. Personally I use both, I like the Canon much better. You can purchase your own printer, I would recommend the Canon ip3600 or Canon Mp560. Both just as good as the other, but one has a scanner. Amazon usually has good deals on them. Inks, I recommend the Gold Label inks. They use spongeless ink tanks and have the best colors I have ever seen. But you must start with a NEW UNUSED PRINTER. Cant use an old printer.

JennasNonna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennasNonna Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 9:34am
post #5 of 8

Thank you so very much. I will start looking into that. So excited! icon_lol.gif

icingimages Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 3:34pm
post #6 of 8

WIll you be at ICES?

NinaDu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NinaDu Posted 1 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks icingimages. I also have a canon ip4700 can I use this one for edible images?

icingimages Posted 2 Jul 2010 , 11:17am
post #8 of 8

Yes, as long as it has never been used.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%