Air Brushing Questions

Decorating By layersofcakes

layersofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
layersofcakes Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 1

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker on here. You guys have answered a lot of my questions without me even having to ask. Love this site!!

I have just started using an air brush machine and have a few questions. I am not sure what the rules are for airbrushed cakes so far as refrigeration, or not. Is it the same rules for a fondant covered cake? If I needed to refrigerate an airbrushed cake, would I need to be concerned about it bleeding from the condensation? I airbrushed for the first time the other day. I didn't really have any major concerns about it until I delivered the cake. As I was giving the cake to the customer, I noticed that it had a very small split on the back and you could see the white fondant. It wasn't all the way thru to the cake though but very noticeable to me. I didn't say anything to her about refrigerating the cake, but I thought later that since the birthday party was the next day that she may have. I didn't hear anything from her one way or the other about it, but feel I need to be better informed so I can inform my customers correctly.

Thanks for your help! icon_smile.gif
LL

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%