Does This Look Like Printer Paper?

Decorating By kger Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 8:09pm by cheatize

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 3

My friend saw this 101 Dalmatian cake and wants me to make a similar one, just a 12" round, no tiers.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1157056.html

I thought she just meant the dalmatian style dots and the coloring, but then she asked, "Can you put those pictures on the sides of the cake too?"

Does that just look like images printed off of a computer? I told her I didn't know how it would turn out, but that I could put an image (FCBT) on the top of the cake, but she said she wants the top to say, "Happy 2nd Birthday Henry."

What a drag.

I was thinking of doing the dalmatian cake in b&w fondant, with a red border and an FCBT on top, and the kid's name across the front in fondant letters. I don't have tappits so I don't think I can make a plaque, so anything else, other than cookie cutter fondant letters, would have to be in BC script. Maybe I can put that on the cake board.

2 replies
AileenGP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AileenGP Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:02pm
post #2 of 3

Looks like it was printed on paper and just attached (you can see on the top image how the light behind shows through the ear that extends past the cake).. unless it was an edible image? I don't have any experience with edible images so I'm not sure.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:09pm
post #3 of 3

Chocolate or Royal Icing plaques might work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%