Wilton Chocolate Pro Electric Melting Pot

Decorating By Sparklekat6 Updated 29 Jun 2010 , 11:40pm by Tracy7953

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 13

Has anyone used the Wilton Chocolate Pro Electric Melting Pot for making cake pops? I really want to try making cake pops but I HHHHHAAAAAATTTTEEEE melting chocolate because it's always been such a pain in my behind so I am hoping I can use this to get the jerky chocolate in the right consistency.

12 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 13

i love it but only on the warm setting, the melt setting burns the choc.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:24pm
post #3 of 13

I've used it for just chocolates, not cake balls, but it melts chocolate well and keeps it fluid. I have had to turn it off for a little while when working with it for a long period of time, even when it was on the warm setting after too long it can get pretty hot.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 13

I have a Wilton pot, but I don't think it's the pro one. It takes longer to melt than I like and doesn't hold as much as I want, but it's great to not have to worry about water or steam getting into the chocolate.

I think a small crock pot would do the same thing. I'm not sure how long it would take to melt it, though.

TexasSugar Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 13

I've used a small crock pot as well. It holds more, the one I have will hold about a bag and a half of candy melts were the melting point is about a bag after you get it melted down. You just have to watch with the small crock pots because often they don't have settings so you just have to make sure the chocolate doesn't get too hot.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:34pm
post #6 of 13

I love mine. It works really well if I don't have too many to make. If I am making more than a couple dozen I use my crock pot.

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:35pm
post #7 of 13

You could also try a heating pad under a metal bowl full of chocolate.

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:36pm
post #8 of 13

Oh yeah, being new to this I don't think I would make more than a couple dozen. Thanks for your comments all! icon_smile.gif

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 8:43pm
post #9 of 13

Also, the Wilton pot is non-stick, so cleanup is really easy!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:19pm
post #10 of 13

it sure would be great if you could get replacement pots, that way you could have one with dark choc and one with white choc. i leave my choc in there to set up when im finished using it, but if i want to then use a differant colour i have to find another pot that will fit well inside it.

TexasSugar Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 9:44pm
post #11 of 13

Selina, I have two of them, bought them with coupons. One is for chocolate, one is for white chocolate. I don't usually use great amounts of the colors so I just melt those in bags or bowls.

I do let my chocolate harden in the bowl, stick it in a big ziplock and save it for next time. icon_smile.gif

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:22pm
post #12 of 13

I wonder if you could line these pans with the liners they make for crockpots, that would be a great ideas then you could have several with differant colour chocolates.

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 29 Jun 2010 , 11:40pm
post #13 of 13

I have the Wilton Melting Pot and it works really well. I did cake balls and just added more chocolate when needed. Clean up was really easy too. That's always a plus! The crock pot idea seems like a good one too - will have to try that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%