Inkscape Problem (Aka I Don't Know What I'm Doing!)

Decorating By FlourChick Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 9:50pm by FlourChick

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 3

I tried the Cricut route and didn't really like the results I was getting, but I have gotten into making templates and hand cutting the finished piece with an exacto knife. Sometimes if I'm trying to make an exact replica (like making a logo, for example) I will import the jpeg into inkscape, save it as an svg and then import that into Sure Cuts a Lot.

The problem I'm having is that 9 times out of 10 the size of the svg will be so large that it's off the normal mat size area. For some reason I'm not able to change it's size or move it into the mat area. In Sure Cuts a Lot, where it says "Position Size" both the X and Y axis are set at 10416.66, and the width and height are set to -10416.66. These settings are the same, no matter what size I make the image before saving it as an svg in inkscape. It also doesn't matter where I put the image on the inkscape page. Obviously the problem is that the saved svg is so huge it doesn't fit on the mat, but how do I fix this? It won't let me change the X and Y or the height and width.

TIA!!!

2 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:07pm
post #2 of 3

I have MTC and Inkscape. I am also having a hard time. Try the zoom out option in Inkscape before saving it to see if that will help reduce the size when you import it to SCAL.

FlourChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourChick Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 3

I just tried it... no changes, the settings are the same and the svg still doesn't fit. Ugh! It shouldn't be this hard, should it?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%