Shrinkage In Fondant??

Decorating By Julie53 Updated 28 Jun 2010 , 8:38pm by Julie53

Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 3

HI - I am having a problem with the fondant shrinking when I am using it in the Cricut machine. I have tried the very thin premade sheets from Michaels- they seem to do ok. I have tried Michaels fondant and it works ok, sometimes good sometimes not so good. Then I tried Duffs(Fonderific) and it was horrible. I rolled out all of them the same way- thin and measured what I needed & only lightly greased the mat. The Fonderific would move on the mat and stretch and then shrink up. It was terrible. What could I be doing wrong or is it just the fondant? icon_confused.gif

2 replies
RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 3

I'm not 100% sure, but with the Fonderific, you may be having problems because Fonderific is formulated to not need shortening or powdered sugar to roll it out. Try rolling it out directly on the mat without any kind of grease and see what happens. I've used Fonderific in very limited applications (mainly due to cost), so I may be off the mark. But going off their own packaging and instructions, I'd say that may be the problem with that particular brand.

Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 28 Jun 2010 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for your response RobzC8kz. I will try that next time. icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%