Need Ideas In A Hurry

Decorating By curtandsandi Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 11:57pm by emiyeric

curtandsandi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curtandsandi Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 5

I have a cake due in 2 days and have no idea what to do... I was given pretty much free reign on what to do, only has to be martial arts/kill bill style (the more gory the better). They know that I do 3D cakes 99% of the time so I am sure that is what they are looking for. I am at a complete loss and would appreciate any suggestions.

THANKS!

4 replies
emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 5

Make it yellow, with lots of black zippers all over it (if you can do it out of fondant and make it a little shiny, all the better!), and stick a gumpaste sword into it, with some blood around it. Not sure how comfortable you are modeling, but you could make a head or a couple of hands out of gumpaste and leave them strewn around the cake as well. HTH! icon_smile.gif

curtandsandi Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 11:49pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks emiyeric for the suggestions - I live on a little island off of Panama and ingredients for some things are impossible to come by, gumpaste is not available. You have given me some good ideas though and I appreciate it!

curtandsandi Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 5

emiyeric - this is what I came up with, it was a big hit! Was having trouble with the "throwing star" as it is hard to get decorations to harden in this climate. Went to the store and bought some of those candy rings, put them in the microwave and shaped a star once cool enough to be molded.
LL
LL

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 5

Just saw this today (it didn't alert me that I had a response on this thread!) ... SO good! It looks fantastic!! I absolutely love this idea!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%