Loves Daisies

Decorating By Xpressions Updated 26 Jun 2010 , 1:11pm by JGMB

Xpressions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xpressions Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 8:55am
post #1 of 2

This is a true story. I was asked to do a three tier fondant covered cake for a baby shower. The person ordering the cake told some extremely sad history about about the lady she was ordering the cake for. So, I wanted to make this cake extra special. She love daisies...just an all american Southern Bell. I do my research,order the best supplies.I make the cake . It turns out to be one of my very best cakes. I put my heart in this cake. Tried techiques I never tried before.I agreed to serve the cake at the " 1st baby-Baby Shower"( trying to make contacts icon_biggrin.gif ). The cake made it safely to the buyers house. She loved it, but we still have to drive another 45 min to some little country town in Tenn. The roads were curvey,hills every three miles. I was in the van with the buyer she( she wanted me to ride with her... it made sense). She was stressed because she could see how the roads were effecting the cake. But , the last hill icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif was sooooooo steep that the cake just fell over.When the lady sees this, she pulls over. At that time, I wanted to stomp, pull my hair, scream,throw myself in the road....But I had to hold it together and say it's O.K. I started throwing butterflies on the ground. The lady is eating pieces off the cake saying "it's good ,everythings fine". The person that was securing the cake wanted to cry because she knew how much work I put into it. So, the lady told me to take the top two crumbly, cracked, fondant covered tiers to use for the "Baby Shower". When we get there,the people are waiting to see the cake.I stuck the the gumpaste flowers on the cake. We put it on the table( in all it's glory).This was an outside event in May(hot) and it started to rain . To top all, they still wanted me to serve the cake.They were so gracious. They were comforting me!!!! icon_eek.gif

1 reply
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 26 Jun 2010 , 1:11pm
post #2 of 2

First off, welcome to CakeCentral!!! Then, can I just say that I'm sooooo glad that they were gracious and comforting to you. What a story!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%