Need Help/ideas On A "bouncy House" (?) Cake

Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 3:38pm by Chasey

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone! I just got a call this morning from a mom who is having a birthday party for her daughter in September and they will have a "bouncy house" (her word for it) at the party -- it's one of those inflatable things that you (try) to walk around in that's like walking on the moon (is that making sense?) Anyway, she was asking about a bouncy house cake and quite frankly I came up blank. The only thing I could think of that was even close was a gumball machine cake and that's not really close at all. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

10 replies
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 11
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 11

These things are basically gigantic inflatable toys, so a cartoonish house with no sharp corners or edges comes to mind. It would be nice if you could get a pic of the one that's being rented, because they come in all shapes and sizes, not all of which look like houses. I have no idea what they're called in English, but they're very popular here in Mexico, where they're called "brincolines". Here's a link to a place in Mexico City that rents them: http://www.brincolineseinflables.com.mx. If you go to the section marked "brincolines" there's a slideshow that features several shapes. As far as making a cake that looks like one, think of a house designed along the same principles as the Michelin man or the Stay-Puf marshmallow boy. Is that any help?

bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 11

That does help!! I'm still trying to iron this out in my mind. Keep the ideas flowing!! icon_lol.gif

videominx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
videominx Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 11

In my photos there is a cake that was based on a party invitation that had a girl bouncing in a sea of colored balls. I won't tell you how long it took me to pipe all the individual balls and to get the correct placement of the different colors. You could do something like that with some simple doweled gumpaste walls to simulate the full bouncy house. Hope this helps!

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:36pm
post #7 of 11

here's a great image that combines bouncy house and birthday cake.

http://www.motmplus.com/portal/images/products/birthday-cake-bounce-house.jpg

It would be so easy too.

2" layer base

plastic support columns covered in fondant.

2" layer top

then a standard second tier

finished off with fondant (or real) candles on top.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 11

Well, for heaven's sake! Who would have thought this had already been done, and so many times! Man, you can find ANYTHING on CC!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 2:42pm
post #9 of 11

You could do it similar to a castle cake only make it cartoonish

bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 4:14pm
post #10 of 11

Honestly y'all are AMAZING!!! Thank you soooo much for the ideas. She hasn't decided for certain yet, but she's leaning toward the bouncy house cake. Glad to know I can count on all you CCers!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 3:38pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna46

Well, for heaven's sake! Who would have thought this had already been done, and so many times! Man, you can find ANYTHING on CC!

icon_lol.gif You can still find it here....just type in BOUNCE HOUSE !

Lots of cute examples.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%