Cupcake Flower Pot Arrangments

Baking By jolie1977 Updated 4 Jul 2010 , 11:31pm by Mickeebabe

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:11am
post #1 of 6

I've seen beautiful cupcake "bouquets" in a flower pot posted here and have searched youtube for tutorials and have also searched the forums here on CC, and can't seem to find any instruction on how to "stick" the cupcakes into the flower pot. I'm guessing they would be inserted with a lollipop stick into a Styrofoam ball possibly? Or glued with melted chocolate?

I'd rather not experiment if there is some sort of tutorial out there... if anyone would have suggestions or answers for me, I would very much appreciate and tidbits of information you may have!

Sincerely,
Joline

5 replies
shopdaydream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shopdaydream Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:17am
post #2 of 6

well what i did was to open a hole at the bottom of each cup small enough for the toothpick and then use it to attach the cups to the styrofoam i know theres a tutorial in here somewhere but i cant seem to find it, sorry

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:28am
post #3 of 6
Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 1:37am
post #4 of 6

there are several different tutorials on youtube as well! Thats where I found all of my info on how to get started with them! And I did the hole in the bottom of the cupcakes and then used bamboo forks (which are like a thick toothpick) and stuck them into the styrofoam in the pot and then placed the cupcakes on them and then decorated them!

PartyCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PartyCupcakes Posted 3 Jul 2010 , 4:34am
post #5 of 6

Hi!

Here is a picture of my first cupcake flowerpot I made recently.

These are the steps to make it:

1. I covered a craft papier mache flower pot in serviettes and glue (to decorate the bottom part)
2. I then glued ribbon around the top and glued on a bow
3. Cut a styrofoam ball in half and put it inside the pot so that it was slightly raised above the pot
4. Covered the ball in green serviettes (I didn't have any tissue paper!) and let some overhang the edge to look like leaves (I cut triangles into this)
5. I piped the flowers onto the cupcakes with a petal tip and let the icing set
6. Used a toothpick to poke two holes in the bottom of each cupcake
7. Pulled the toothpicks out of the cupcakes and stuck them into the styrofoam in pairs around the pot
8. Placed the cupcakes onto the toothpicks (the premade holes help them slide on without squashing the cupcakes)

and VOILA a cupcake flowerpot!

Hope that helps you out...

I've actually entered this photo in an online cupcake competition and it would be great if you could vote for me!
It's really easy and will only take you a quick moment:
http://www.rspcacupcakeday.com.au/competitions/creative-cupcake/entry/?cupcake=16

Thanks!!
LL

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 4 Jul 2010 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 6

KHalstead posted some pictures here so you can see how to do them. I think maybe on here also she has the directions too:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-672414-bouquet.html

Here's the ones I did using her method.
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%