Modern Brides And Their Expectations

Decorating By sweetazsugar Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 8:04pm by sweetazsugar

sweetazsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetazsugar Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 9:03pm
post #1 of 7

Are pure white wedding cakes still considered the norm for todays modern bride. cake batters that yield a pure white cake are usually lacking in flavor. How does the professional decorator deal with this or is the awesome-ness of the cake what we should hope everyone remembers, not necessarily the blah cake.

6 replies
Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 7

I have a ton of brides who order my Tahitian Vanilla which is a white cake but it definately doesn't lack flavor. However many of my brides order other flavors of cake too. I tell most brides this is a dessert, pick something you love the taste of.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 7

It's certainly not written in stone that wedding cakes should be white as was traditionally the case. I think people are more willing to experiment with designs that have a little more pizzazz than a stately white, ecru or champagne-colored formally piped cake usually do. But having said that, there are some truly delicious recipes for white (or off-white, which I like better!) cake out there. White chocolate and and WASC (white almond sour cream, made from a doctored cake mix or from scratch) are two that come to mind.

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 7

We do a lot of all white almond flavored cakes. Our white chocolate cake is also all white. When we get a request for an all white cake but the customer wants strawberry or raspberry we make a wasc cake and use strawberry or raspberry flavor from Silver Cloud estates, the flavorings are clear, white cake has come a long way.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 7

I recommend using flavoring too. You can get a white cake that tastes like just about anything with flavoring. My favorite it made by a little company in Oxnard, CA called Ammoretti. They use all natural ingredients and extract the oils and such on site. Very flavorful in a natural way. They are super nice and will ship you samples at no charge to you!!! Check em' out on line. www.amoretti.com

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 10:11pm
post #6 of 7

white chocolate raspberry is my top seller for wedding cakes, I think traditionally people want the "white" cake.......so I messed around with additions to my white cake batter and made several variations on it so they can play around with flavor but still have their "white" cake!

sweetazsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetazsugar Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 7

Thank for the suggestions, I will definitely have to try the flavorings just worried how much to use but I will experiment! Oh and Jenn2179 the tahitian vanilla sounds absolutely delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%