Advertising On Cake Boards

Decorating By kger Updated 22 Jun 2010 , 4:39pm by MommaDukes

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 9

I noticed a lot of people make their own cake drums or embellish cake boards. I'm not in business myself, but I wondered if anyone has looked into getting custom ribbon or custom paper made with your business name on it. I wonder if there are places that can do a custom foil?

8 replies
mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 9

Very interesting idea... will be watching for input.

CWIL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWIL Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 12:56pm
post #3 of 9

Me too, mommicakes!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:15pm
post #4 of 9

Interesting idea but I'm not sure how many of my customers would be thrilled to pay high dollar for a cake only to see my business name printed all over the cake board. Now having a ribbon made to wrap around your cake box when delivering would be cool.

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 9

I read on some thread to tape your business card to the cake board, which I thought was tacky. But if it were integrated into the cake board, that might make more sense. A ribbon around the cake box could be fun. I've been thinking (whenever the day comes for me to open the business) to have custom labels made and use them either on the box, or to hold the top closed. But since many are doing custom cake boards anyway, why not use materials that can possibly generate more business.

Maybe a custom foil with the company name/logo that is more subdued like a watermark, ya know? But then if it were too subdued, would anyone even notice it and would it be worth the extra expense?

Just thinking out loud.

CWIL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWIL Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 9

Yea, after thinking about this, I also think that it might be tacky and customers wouldn't appreciate it (I don't think I would). I do, however, really like the idea of the ribbon with a company name to tie around a cake box. We tape a business card to all of our cake boxes now, but I think this would look more professional. I'm sure you could find something like this. I'll have to do a little research.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:35pm
post #7 of 9

If ribbon is more expensive than stickers, what's the point? Either way, they will thrown away. I doubt anyone is going to reuse a ribbon with your business name on it.

I think it would look pretty, though.

melmar02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melmar02 Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 2:49pm
post #8 of 9

You can get ribbon printed with bride and grooms names and wedding dates on them, so I don't see why you couldn't get ribbon printed with your business name on it from the same manufacturer. I would do a google search for wedding favors - most of those companies sell that kind of ribbon.

MommaDukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommaDukes Posted 22 Jun 2010 , 4:39pm
post #9 of 9

Check with JKMRIBBON for imprinted ribbon

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%