Usa/irish/40Th Bday/beach

Decorating By kger Updated 20 Jun 2010 , 2:50pm by kger

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 2:34am
post #1 of 3

I have a request for a cake for 6 ppl. 40th b-day, will be traveling to the beach over the July 4 weekend, so the cake would be traveling with them for at least 4 hours in the car, and they would eat it the next day.

The birthday girl is Irish and her nieces are flying over from Ireland for the b-day/July 4 beach trip.

I looked through the patriotic gallery and saw some cute ideas, in particular the patriotic flip flop cake: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=555903

I also saw a way to make an orange, white, and green (colors of Irish flag) layer cake. Or perhaps a shaped 4-0 with red, white, and blue colors would be the way to go? But easiest might be just an 8" fondant with stars and stripes and a fondant 4-0.

Any thoughts?

2 replies
matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 2:43am
post #2 of 3

You could just do 6 cupcakes. You already have four themes. You just need two more for the other two cupcakes.

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 20 Jun 2010 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 3

I think I need to do a fondant cake, because that would likely travel the easiest. No buttercream to melt or get smashed, kwim?

DH does not like the flip-flop idea because he thinks the idea of eating shoes is stupid, but he is German and has does not have the same appreciation for American b-day cakes or sugar art in general. Granted, the cake in question is for an Irish woman and her family, so they may think eating shoes is equally bizarre.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%