Family Reunion Cookies

Baking By yummy Updated 25 Jun 2010 , 3:32am by luv2bake6

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 10

Hi all. I'm about to check the galleries but i wanted to know if any of you have any photos of family reunion cookies; I need inspiration for somw WOW the crowd cookies.

9 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 10

sorry, I haven't done that - but personalized people cookies might be fun....

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 2:05pm
post #3 of 10

No pix but I've seen people do little apple tree cookies with the names of family members written on the apples -- a sort of family tree theme. You might try something like that.

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 10

Cute ideas! Stick figure heads would be really easy and cute! Just change up the hair, skin tone, basic facial features and write their name on the cookie or tag. The apple idea is cute too. If you are having t-shirts made for the reunion, you could do a cookie version of it depending upon the intricacy of the design.

bakermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermeister Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 10

Hi Yummy!
I was also looking for reunion cookie ideas & came across a couple of links to cookies/cakes & a contest for cookie ideas scrapbook.

http://www.wilton.com/celebrations/Family-Reunion/ Lots of creative ideas to use for cookies & cakes for reunions. I always find something new & helpful from Wilton, their creative staff & us bakers too!

http://scrapbooking.about.com/library/weekly/blsscookbook1.htm This has create a Family "Cookie Contest" Scrapbook idea that might be unique & creative to keep all of those old family treasured recipes & new ones in the family written down.

Hope this will be a start for you to make some "WOW" bakers treats for your reunion. Good Luck in your project!!

Bakermeister icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 10:00pm
post #6 of 10

Those are very intersting ideas!
Using cookies as placecards at the table or even as invitations is something to think about. Have fun!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 4:45am
post #7 of 10

Thank you all for the great ideas!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 23 Jun 2010 , 7:59pm
post #8 of 10

I did these cupcakes for a family reunion......made them look like people in the family and everyone had an absolute BALL figuring out who was who!! I'll bet it would translate really well to cookies!
LL

amastercreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amastercreation Posted 24 Jun 2010 , 9:02am
post #9 of 10

i just made these recently for a family reunion...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amastercreation/4723879260/

we also brainstormed doing leaves and flower with names on them and hanging them from a tree branch.

HTH
icon_smile.gifaileen

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 25 Jun 2010 , 3:32am
post #10 of 10

Wow!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%