Cricut Cake Machine

Decorating By judyi Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 2:43am by cake-queen

judyi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judyi Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:02am
post #1 of 7

I bought this and hate it, I have done everything, tried everything and nothing makes this work. Anyone have any experience or words of wisdom before I return it? icon_sad.gif

6 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:23am
post #2 of 7

Nothing except I'm sorry for you! I don't have one...but I will say there are other posts floating around here very similar to yours!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:23am
post #3 of 7

All I can tell you is that it requires alot of patience. Have you read the threats on Cricut? Maybe that can help you out some.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:26am
post #4 of 7

It seems most people find they need to make it a full time job to figure it out.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:27am
post #5 of 7

Hi Judyi! There are at least 400 threads on here about the cricut cake, here is one that should keep you busy for awhile.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-678490-cricut.html

I LOVE mine!!! Takes practice! But so does everything that is worth doing, I guess!

kiki80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki80 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:42am
post #6 of 7

hi Judyi I'm sorry u are having a hard time with cricut, I tried mine today and it actually worked, what i did was use wilton fondant (about a bar soap size of it) add tylose (1 teaspoon) and 1 spoon of gum paste mix (also from wilton)mix it well, put some crisco on the mat with a pastry brush, roll the fondant in the cricut mat as thin as u can (you could almost see the line trough it) and let air dry for about 10 min. set cricut on a speed of three and pressure of 2. hope this helps good luck

cake-queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-queen Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 2:43am
post #7 of 7

I got mine about a month ago and works. It takes lots of practice though. My daughter and I use it every weekend and have lots of fun. I just saw the Cricut cake machine is on sale at Michaels at $299.99. For those who want one, it is a good time to buy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%