Help! Making Colored Mmf... All Crumbly!

Decorating By kger Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 2:13am by bmoser24

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 1:47am
post #1 of 5

I'm in the middle of making red mmf. Color is good. Used a little of no-taste, red-red, and xmas red and pomegranate juice right after mm came out of the micro.

I'm using the dough hook on my KA. Works fine for the non-colored. This batch is just not doing what it should. I just added some corn syrup and I'm not seeing much improvement. Anything else I can do to save it?

4 replies
Iggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iggy Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 1:53am
post #2 of 5

Take it out of the bowl & start kneading the heck out of it. DO not add any more powdered sugar until it all comes together. You will have to knead it 5-10 minutes. It should come together.

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:02am
post #3 of 5

Get out the Crisco...kneed with well covered hands. Let rest covered, after looking better. It will be fine!

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:03am
post #4 of 5

I got it to come together, but it is really pliable, like the consistency of playdoh, but it's still a little crumbly looking... like it would fall apart if I tried to roll it and lay it on a cake. I just decided to cover it in crisco, wrap it up and stick it in the fridge.

Should I go get some satin ice tomorrow, or do you think it can be saved?

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 5

I definatly wouldnt give up!!!....let it rest on the counter, a couple of hours. I think if you put it in the fridge it will harden up, and then it's hard to tell until it comes to room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%