Decorate Cupcake Before Setting Inside Clear 4X4 Favor Box?

Baking By Kiddiekakes Updated 21 Jun 2010 , 3:36pm by Bigbearswife

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 9

Okay..so I am set to do these cupcakes for a customer..I am doing BC iced cupcakes but for those who have worked with these clear cube boxes before...Is it easier to iced the cupcake first and then try and set it inside...possibly squishing the icing..Or set the un-iced cupcake inside and swirl the icing ontop after it is inside the box??I am also using glue dots to hold the cupcake down so it doesn't tip over.

Thanks

8 replies
SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:06am
post #2 of 9

I've only been able to do it once the cupcake is inside the box. But maybe someone on here will have a brilliant idea on how to get it into the box after its decorated.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 12:19am
post #3 of 9

I always set my cupcakes inside any box and then ice.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:16am
post #4 of 9

Thanks Ladies..That just confirms what I thought as I didn't want to crush the thing trying to get it in.The only drawback is I wanted to spray them with pearl spray but the mist will get all over the sides of the boxes.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:35am
post #5 of 9

do you maybe have some tongs that can carefully hold the cupcake as you insert it into the box? i always use some tongs when i'm taking my cuppies out of the pan to cool ... maybe this could work too ... or it could be a crazy idea.

multilayered Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
multilayered Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:49am
post #6 of 9

I Iced them then chilled them so the icing was firm and placed them in with tongs. I did it with my butterfly cupcakes it work beautifully

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:54am
post #7 of 9

Hello! I made these a few weekends ago (photo in my pics)...I thought it would have been easier to decorate them in the box-but after a few experiments I changed my mind. I found setting them in after decoration was much easier. I used a pair of tongs (the big long ones). It really worked well. One problem I found was transporting them to the facility. I actually had to assemble them on site...they were too top heavy to ride there)they kept tipping). Thank goodness I had a few helpers!!

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 2:54am
post #8 of 9

Okay....I'm a tweaker by nature....so -

how would the box look, if you used what was the "top" of the box as the side of the box. For example, you'd slide the cupcake in from the side, then close the lid. Instead of plopping in from the top. Make sense?

I'm thinking that you'd have the seams of the box on the left side of the cupcake and the lid on the right side of the cupcake. Maybe you could wrap a length of ribbon around those side & bow at top to cover? You'd be looking at the cupcake straight ahead. And, behind it would be a nice clear panel as well.

I've never tried this - not sure if it would look nice or not. Just an idea....

Bigbearswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bigbearswife Posted 21 Jun 2010 , 3:36pm
post #9 of 9

maybe to do the spray you could use a piece of cardstock and cut out a templet to cover the box but open enought to spray the cupcake icon_smile.gif like a cover for the box but an opening to show the cupcake a spray it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%