Unbaked Center

Decorating By FullBrained Updated 16 Jun 2010 , 12:05am by FullBrained

FullBrained Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullBrained Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 4

I fell asleep and my hubby took my cakes out of the oven when the timer went off. Not necessarily when they are done...I check. Now, awake and leveling the cakes, I find one isn't done in the center. The old adage of too many cooks in the kitchen.

Is there any way to save this cake??? LIke try to bake more? Microwave? Or garbage? icon_sad.gif

3 replies
Addie2580 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addie2580 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry that happened to you, thats why I showed hubby how to check the cakes in case I need help. Sadly I think you will need to re-bake. Baking again or microwaving wont do any good. Good luck!!!!

Addie

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 4

Yeah, I think it's a re-bake, too.

My son-in-law was super confused when the oven timer would go off and his wife (my daughter) wouldn't RUN to get whatever out of the oven. He thought a timer meant, "I"m done! Get me the hell outta this oven NOW!!!!!!!"

We laughed at the poor guy and told him a timer was just an estimated time of baking .... the food had to actually be checked and usually had to stay in a few more minutes ... so chill out, dude!!

FullBrained Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullBrained Posted 16 Jun 2010 , 12:05am
post #4 of 4

I guess I am not alone in this mess. Maybe I will cut out the center and make it into a funeral wreath! Just for the heck of it, I am going to try micro to see what happens. I can't use it anyway...so the experiment begins...

Thanks again. I will let u know if a miracle happens in the microwave, however, my theory is it will be dried out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%