Adult Scavenger Hunt Ideas....

Lounge By BuncoHappens Updated 18 Jun 2010 , 5:17pm by TJCanadian

BuncoHappens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BuncoHappens Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 10

We are going camping with a group of 27 people and I am organizing a scavenger hunt. I want it to be challenging and different! Ideas, please!!!

9 replies
Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 10

What about doing some photo type items? Everyone seems to have a camera cellphone on them these days!!

Here is a site with some good ideas:

http://www.camping-field-guide.com/camping-scavenger-hunt.html

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:45am
post #3 of 10

i agree with the photo hunt....

A few years ago we had one for our church. Our pastor put it together for our group. We were broke into teams and each team had a digital camera and a list of items to photograph once found....we had to drive all over town (which you could alter) and which ever team finished first won....

Some of the items we had to photograph....

*two members of your team washing a strangers windshield
*someone from your team with a cop
*someone from your team flipping a burger at mcdonalds
*a girl from your team holding up roadkill (yep that was me)
*a picture of Pastor taken tonight (man we had a hard time getting that one)

Good luck...sounds like fun!!!!!!!!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 10

Oh man that sounds like so much fun!! I want to go!! I have my own tent and sleeping bag!!

IF you know the area.. have them take pics of pinecones.. squirrel.. cardinal.. etc.. if your are mean. you might throw in a pic or two of poison ivy...and whoever wins.. get the calamine lotion as the grand prize !! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

umm rachie.. what was your roadkill?

BuncoHappens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BuncoHappens Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 5:18am
post #5 of 10

Great ideas! I especially like the photo of the poison ivy....I'll give bonus points for that one! I'm going to get paint sample cards from Home Depot and whoever gets matching colors will make up the teams. We're also going to play games from "Minute To Win It" show.

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 6:05am
post #6 of 10

Photo hunts work great, especially for camping where people would otherwise be picking up things that really ought to be left in their native habitat, you know? Also, with photos you are not limited to physically small objects. icon_smile.gif

Some things that you might hunt for in a campground, other than appropriate local flora and fauna:

Largest collection of bicycles parked in a single campsite
Tent that is NOT brown, green or blue
Group inside an RV or tent trailer that does not belong to any member of the group
S'mores
Group member(s) with a park ranger
Totally-inappropriate-for-camping appliance or other device/household item (e.g., television, curling iron, umbrella stroller, nail polish)

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 10

Love those ideas, hollyml!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 2:36pm
post #8 of 10

Photo scavengers are fun! We had a teenager's birthday party staying at the hotel I work at one weekend, and one of their photo scavenger items was "Get your picture taken with Debi"! I LUV'D it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:33pm
post #9 of 10

tesso.....i have no idea! LOL We literally had to scrape it up off the road. I have a picture but it is on my laptop which is currently not working. If I get it up and running soon i will post it. It's pretty sick icon_smile.gif

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 5:17pm
post #10 of 10

We had a whole list of family friendly items, mostly take your picture with... and then we moved and didn't get to do it.
A few from the list:
Picture of an adult on a kid playground slide
Picture of everyone in the family in a fast food restaurant play zone
chopsticks or soy sauce from a local chinese food restaurant.
Picture of at least 2 people with a statue
Picture of someone IN a water feature of some kind
Leaves from at least 3 kinds of trees
Grass clippings
A deposit slip or envelope from a bank.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%