Michelle Foster's Fondnant

Decorating By Creativebakes Updated 15 Jun 2010 , 5:09pm by Creativebakes

Creativebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creativebakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 9

I want to make this recipe tonight but I don't have the glycerin or the unflavored gelatin. Can I get both of these from Walmart, if so, What section? TIA

8 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 9

yes, you can get both at walmart. glycerin from the wilton cake aisle, and gelatin from the grocery side.hth

Creativebakes Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks off to Walmart thumbs_up.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 12:55am
post #4 of 9

My Wal-Mart doesn't carry the Wilton glycerin hopefully yours will. I have to get mine at Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

Creativebakes Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:24am
post #5 of 9

so I just got back from Walmart and they didn't have the wilton glycerine but they did have one in the pharmacy area. But the thing is....It says its also a skin protectant so I'm not sure about using it. Do you guys think its safe?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:56am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativebakes

so I just got back from Walmart and they didn't have the wilton glycerine but they did have one in the pharmacy area. But the thing is....It says its also a skin protectant so I'm not sure about using it. Do you guys think its safe?

DON'T use that glycerin. Unless it list "glycerin" only on the ingredients label don't use it. You can buy "food safe" glycerin at most health food stores but the kind that you find in the pharmacy has added ingredients that can't be used for food.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 3:14am
post #7 of 9

hi, no, don,t use the glycerin from the pharmacy. they say on c/c , that is a no no. I am sorry you didn,t find the glycerin in the wilton section of your wal mart. but i have bought it there in the past.But since i work at michaels , i do get it there now.

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 2:26pm
post #8 of 9

You can usually get food safe glycerin at your local health food store. That's where I get mine - bigger bottle and cheaper than Wilton brand.

Creativebakes Posted 15 Jun 2010 , 5:09pm
post #9 of 9

Do you think I can get it from whole foods?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%