Please Help! How Do I Get This Color?

Decorating By cakecastle Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 3:00pm by cakecastle

cakecastle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecastle Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making a cake for my daughter's graduation and I need to get these colors or at least something very similar. That shade of pink, green & blue match her luau decor perfectly. Can anyone help? I pm'd the baker a couple weeks ago, but still haven't gotten a response......I know it's a very busy time of year, so I was hoping maybe someone else could help me. Thank you very very much!

ETA: I think I can get the blue, just not sure about the green & pink. Thanks again!
LL

7 replies
dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:16pm
post #2 of 8

I'm definetly no pro at this...but here is my take. It looks like the green has a little yellow mixed in. Not sure, but maybe a little orange mixed in the pink?
I do refer to the Wilton color chart quite frequently. It references the Wilton paste colors, but I think even if you didn't use them, it might help give you ideas.
http://www.wilton.com/decorating/icing/icing-color-chart.cfm

HTH
dmo4ab

cakecastle Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks! Any idea which green/pink to use as a base?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 8

hi, if you have americolors, the neon colors will get you there also. if not , mix as dmo 4ab says. to me , the pink, looks more coral. hth If you are asking, would you use green or pink for the board covering. I personally would use green.

cakecastle Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 8

icer101-

Thank you. After looking at the Wilton color chart I was wondering about the "pink" really being coral. I knew there was a color I was trying to think of besides pink, lol! The base I was referring to was which green/pink would I use before adding another color to achieve the desired shade? I wish I had more choices for board covering, unfortunately all I have is plain old silver. icon_sad.gif

ETA:Forgot to say that all I have are Wilton colors. Not sure where to find Americolor locally.

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:33pm
post #6 of 8

I've done these colors before. They look like Americolor electric pink, electric blue and electric green.

If you don't have Americolors, you can achieve the lime green with Wilton colors using leaf green with lemon yellow. Wilton rose will give you a hot pink but not as good of a hot pink as the Americolor. I have found that Wilton royal blue and Americolor electric blue are almost identical. You could add a tiny bit of Wilton teal to the royal blue to get a more "hot" color.

Do some experimenting with your colors in small pieces of fondant. That's what I do.

Here is a cake I did this weekend with those colors.
LL

newcakester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakester Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 2:40pm
post #7 of 8

If you don't have Americolor you can also use Duff's electric colors. They come in a set of 4 at Michael's. They have blue, green, pink and yellow. In a pinch I used the pink and it turned out great.

cakecastle Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:00pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much!

Love your cake Kathy. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%