Please Help!!

Decorating By Allidsk8 Updated 13 Jun 2010 , 3:30pm by cake-angel

Allidsk8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Allidsk8 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 10

I made gumpaste Calla Lillys for my MIL birthday cake tomorrow. They are stuck on the formers and I can't get them off!!! Any suggestions...Please?

9 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 8:54pm
post #2 of 10

On the plastic Wilton formers???

If it were me, I think I'd try to warm the former with a hairdryer and gently pull the flowers off.

Let us know what works!

Rae

Allidsk8 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 9:24pm
post #3 of 10

They are on the wilton plastic. Good idea with the hair dryer Rae!!!! Thank you! I was thinking over a steaming kettle, but the hair dryer sounds like less trouble. I will let you know how it turns out.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 10

Is this crazy - to throw it in the freezer? That often works with stuck items, but I don't know about this.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allidsk8

They are on the wilton plastic. Good idea with the hair dryer Rae!!!! Thank you! I was thinking over a steaming kettle, but the hair dryer sounds like less trouble. I will let you know how it turns out.

Oh, no water/steam--it'll ruin your flowers!

Rae

Allidsk8 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 10

don't know about the freezer. It gets melted wax out of containers, so I see your thought process.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 10:37pm
post #7 of 10

I would pop in the freezer and try from there. No heat or steam.

Allidsk8 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 10

I'll try it now with one of them. That way if I mangle it coming off the form I can make more. Here goes nothing!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Allidsk8 Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 3:05pm
post #9 of 10

Well. The freezer just made the lilly all gummy. So what I ended up doing was wrapping my hand around the lilly for like 45 sec and then I gently twisted out the former. Only one broken. not bad. Hope it helps someone in the future.

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 13 Jun 2010 , 3:30pm
post #10 of 10

Please remember to dust the formers generously before you place your calla lilies on them to prevent them from getting stuck. Dust them with a 50/50 mix of powdered sugar and cornstarch.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%