Cricut Cake Class A Success

Decorating By grandmotheragnes Updated 12 Jun 2010 , 2:18am by tiggy2

grandmotheragnes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmotheragnes Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 12

I heard about a cricut cake class being taught at Rocky Mount, NC on this message board. It sounded like what I needed to really learn how to use my cricut machine to its best advantage. Linda McClure taught the 2 day class and I have to tell you it was fantastic. I can now make any design I want and sucessfully cut it out with the cricut. All of the issues I was having with my gum paste are resolved. I feel confidant that I can actually teach other people how to use their cricuts for gum paste. One of the more interesting parts of the class was the demonstration with the Silhouette. It is another electronic cutter and can also cut gum paste. It has a print and cut feature. I can print a picture on gum paste and the machine will cut it out. It did a better job cutting out the gum paste designs then the cricut did. Linda cut out several cute pictures and then decorated a cake as part of her demo. I think a Silhouette will be a great addition to my cake decorating tools. I would highly recommend taking a class from Linda. She is a great teacher.

11 replies
KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:40pm
post #2 of 12

I have heard others say she does a wonderful job. I believe she is the original person known to cut gumpaste w/ the cricut, and went to Provo Craft with her idea. From what I've read, it quickly became Provo Craft's idea!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 12

I'm taking her class in July. She is the person that originally came up with cutting gumpaste with the cricut. Too bad provo craft didn't keep her on board because they don't know jack squat about using it. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around and with all the machines being returned I guess they are getting theirs.

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 12

thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have been thinking ofaking Linda's class also.I was wondering if i could also cut paper with the cricut and if the blades were interchangeble , is this something Linda covered in the class.

Maureen76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen76 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 10:17pm
post #5 of 12

Do you have the info for the class in July? Is it being taught in NC? I would love any info!! icon_lol.gif

tiggy2 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 12

July 24 is DesMoines, IA She has a class schedule on her web site. The blade for the cricut cake will not work in the expression (or so they say, I haven't tried it). The expression will fit in the cake.

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 10:27pm
post #7 of 12

Looking for more information on the Shilouette that you spoke about in your posting.
Where can you find information on this machine?
Can you tell us more?

grandmotheragnes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmotheragnes Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:34pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR1955

Looking for more information on the Shilouette that you spoke about in your posting.
Where can you find information on this machine?
Can you tell us more?

I am going to do a google search on the Silhouette and go to youtube to see what I can find. From what I saw it is a great machine.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 11:52pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks so much for the info, i'm off to check out the silhouette... icon_biggrin.gif

tiggy2 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 12:03am
post #10 of 12

The class schedule is at www . creativedesignsclasses . com without the spaces

Kaylani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaylani Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 2:08am
post #11 of 12

Has anyone bought Lindas DVD & had good luck? I would love to take a class but that isnt going to happen this year.I was hoping the DVD would help me enough. Thoughts? icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 12 Jun 2010 , 2:18am
post #12 of 12

The DVD are very good but you don't get the "feel" of working with the different mediums.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%