Toy Story

Decorating By Paige_Pittman86 Updated 19 Jun 2010 , 1:42am by LeckieAnne

Paige_Pittman86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paige_Pittman86 Posted 11 Jun 2010 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 7

I have to make a Toy Story cake for my nephews birthday next week end. I don't sell my cakes so this is just something i do for friends and family. He is turning 3 and is in love with Buzz and Woody so my sister and law asked if i could make him the bed with all the toys on it. I was wondering if i could get any tips on how to create the bed and the head board i have the little mini toys that i am going to use and a Buzz candle but i just dont have a lot of time to mess up a million times so any tips would be WONDERFUL! THANKS SOOO MUCH!

6 replies
nastassia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nastassia Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 7

wow it does sound a lil difficult.

I wanna make a toy story cake for my lil nephew too, but I'm makin his 2 tiered with a cow design on bottom, a rope going around, umm blue cake on top with stars, all the lil figures around and a crispie treat planet on top. Courtesy of another person's cake on here icon_smile.gif its in my favorites but I'm gonna copy that one b/c it doesn't seem too hard icon_smile.gif

if u find something on the bed one let me know cause that sounds cute too icon_smile.gif

Paige_Pittman86 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:23pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks. That does sound really cute please post pics when you are done. And with mine I'm Just going to wing it like I usually do and once I finish it I'll let you know what all I did. I'm going to be working on it today and tomorrow. So fingers crossed. I haven't tried to use RKT yet but I did wanna make a space ship to put next to Buzz but I really wouldn't know how to begin.

brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 17 Jun 2010 , 3:30pm
post #4 of 7

Does the bed need to be cake? You could make it out of RKT and cover with fondant and use dowels or bubble tea straws covered in fondant for the legs. I would probably use cardboard for the head board and cover with fondant. I'm sure there are other pics on here that might help too.

Good luck!

Catherine

Paige_Pittman86 Posted 18 Jun 2010 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 7

I finished the toy story cake I will post pictures soon I think it turned out really cute

Paige_Pittman86 Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:32am
post #6 of 7

UMM DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO POST A PIC ON THIS?

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 19 Jun 2010 , 1:42am
post #7 of 7

One of the Debbie Brown cakes is Sleeping Beauty in a bed - I've checked her books out from my Library in the past and used to what I was doing then just returned it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%