Best Chocolate Fondant?

Decorating By kymscakes Updated 9 Jun 2010 , 9:31am by sweettreat101

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:56pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking to buy some chocolate fondant. I use satin ice for my regular fondant and I really love it. Would anyone recommend any other company for chocolate? And can I mix chocolate fondant with white fondant to get different shades of brown or can I buy a light brown chocolate fondant and darken it?
Thanks,
Kym

5 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 11:51pm
post #2 of 6

I like Satin Ice Dark Chocolate. It's not greasy and it seems a bit more user friendly than some others.

I do knead it together with vanilla SI, as well as Wilton, and get a nice product. It also needs very little color to turn it black. I always keep a small bucket on hand.

Rae

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 6

I really like choco-pan...it tastes wonderful and has a great color icon_smile.gif

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 6

DUFF!!!! DUFF!!!!! DUFF!!!! It is so good - tastes like a tootsie roll. Duff is made by fondarific.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 2:12am
post #5 of 6

I like fondarific - it does taste like tootsie rolls and I like the way it rolls out.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:31am
post #6 of 6

Fondarific. I like the taste better than the Satin Ice. If you want a light brown the Mocha flavor is awesome. I plan on using Fondarific this Friday to marble two shades of brown to create wood bark. The owners told me to add a little black to darken the chocolate fondant. Fondantsource has the best prices. You can get six samples for 6.00 includes shipping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%