White Chocolate Buttercream

Baking By luvbuttercream Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 2:19pm by luvbuttercream

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:08am
post #1 of 5

I am wanting to make a white chocolate buttercream recipe I have done this with SMBC numerous times but I am wanting to try it with American Buttercream only if it doesn't make it WAY to sweet I already prefer SMBC because it isn't as sweet as American buttercream so I don't want to make an icing that is even sweeter. Does anyone have a good recipe I could try? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I searched under recipes and couldn't find anything. Thank you!

4 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 5

A good way to try this is to add anywhere from 3-6 ounces of melted white chocolate to the batter. Just beat it in after the AMBC is mixed.

I don't know if it would make it sweeter. I think it would add a layer of flavor that would diminish the sweetness a bit. I have never tried it myself. I too find AMBC a little too sweet, but other people I have served it to absolutely love it. So, I do use it from time to time.

I want to try mixing SMBC with AMBC. Another poster talked about it here on CC and said everybody loved it. So you could mix white chocolate SMBC with AMBC and see what you get. By far everytime I put white chocolate in SMBC someone tells me how they could eat it like pudding. It goes over that well.

Good luck and post your results here. I am curious.

luvbuttercream Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much and I will post my results for sure!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 5

I forgot to add don't add the melted white chocolate while it is hot. You want it luke warm on the cool side. I usually microwave mine at 30 seconds intervals at 50% power til it is just completely melted. Then I let it set while I make the rest of the frosting. Then I check it so make sure it is not hot. If it is too hot it will melt the butter and you don't want that.

luvbuttercream Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 2:19pm
post #5 of 5

I did know that. But thank you for making sure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%