Cake Central Amnesia

Decorating By Writecakes Updated 8 Jun 2010 , 4:18pm by Kima920

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:19pm
post #1 of 12

Does anyone else experience this? I come here for a specific reason, get distracted by one or two posts on the home page and read them. Then a member photo in the thread catches my eye and I follow that to their profile, then their photos, then to a comment made by one of their photos to another member's photos. Then I wonder "how did they do that?" and look that up and find a tutorial.....

And then cannot remember what it was I was wanting to look up in the first place icon_rolleyes.gif

11 replies
cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 12

Yup.
It's the same thing around the house. I start out doing one thing, get side-tracked doing other things, then about an hour later, I realize I didn't do the first thing. It's caled Busy Woman Syndrome. That's redundant--it's Woman Syndrome.

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 12

Yes!! Happens to me all the time! My DH has to put me on punishment from Cake Central sometimes.

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 12

Ditto (%100)

I always get distracted here and spend 2-3 hours reading the posts and looking at the photos, or searching for a tutorial and etc.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 12

LOL! It's so easy to do!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 1:53am
post #6 of 12

I agree - then I get tired - go to bed and wake up in the middle of the night thinking - oh crap - I needed to look up how to do ???? or the recipe for ???? and start the process over the next day!!! Oh well!

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 9:20am
post #7 of 12

I too have this syndrome. Sometimes up to the wee hours of the am reading posts and looking at pics. I get distracted so easily, lol.

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 10:35am
post #8 of 12

Yep, me too. I check out something and want to be quick and something else catches my eye again and again.

Then I keep telling myself "this is the last page I'm going to look at" but it never works, something else always catches my eye.

Oh bother. icon_rolleyes.gif

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 11:07am
post #9 of 12

Ditto!! Thought I was the only one that did that!! LOL!

Rosey1120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosey1120 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 11:55am
post #10 of 12

At this very moment I came on here to look up information but have been reading posts for about a half hour now. And I ALWAYS learn something thanks to all of you!! Love this site!! thumbs_up.gif Off to my original search.... Happy caking everyone.

bakescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakescupcakes Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 12:06pm
post #11 of 12

And I thought I was the only one!! I get on CC and give myself a time limit while I'm having a cuppa, and always stay on line alot longer.....like everyone else I start looking at one thing which leads to another which isnt even related to what I started looking for!! and before I know it an hour has passed......lol now I know it's not just me!!!

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 8 Jun 2010 , 4:18pm
post #12 of 12

You guys aren't the only one... there are times when I am on here for an hour at time sometimes more depending on how engrossed I get. I do the same thing check the board to learn anything new and get caught up in that or see new pics posted and start looking at those. Its very addicting!
Kima

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%