Cute/funny Story

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 6 Jun 2010 , 2:09am by tesso

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 12:47am
post #1 of 4

Oh! I forgot to share this on here. haha.

Okay so a couple weeks ago I had mentioned I made a little Cookie Monster cake sitting on a 12" chocolate chip cookie and brought it to a client's little 2 year old who was in the hospital after open heart surgery (poor little guy has had it rough for his short 2 years!!!)

So anyway the next day the mom writes me that although he did not have an appetite, he wanted to have a little bit of the cake. She thought he took a piece of cookie but he had taken an eyeball, haha, and was licking the blue frosting off.

Suddenly doctors are knocking worriedly at the door going, "Is he okay?" and the mom is like "Um...yeah he's fine!!!" and the doctors are like "His lips are BLUE! Are you sure he's okay?" and they start checking him. In the cardiac unit, blue lips/hands/feet are sign of heart problems so it really threw them for a loop I guess! After the initial panic wore off, the doctors were able to laugh about it, and had a piece of cookie. haha. (They were also trying to bribe the nurses to not poke him by giving them cookies...they took the cookies but they still poked him, poor little guy!!!!)

Anyway, I guess it was the joke for the next few days...a dr would walk by and say "Hey are your lips blue today????" haha.

I told the mom I was waiting for an email from the hospital going "Dear Suzy...we loved your cookie and your cake was cute, but please, no more blue frosting in the cardiac unit!!!!!!"

icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 12:56am
post #2 of 4

Cute story!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 1:00am
post #3 of 4

That's a cute story!!!

Now, for another about the cardiac unit. The DJ on our local radio station went in for an unexpected heart procedure. It just happened to be his birthday, so his co-DJ wanted to have a cake sent over to cheer him up. The only one she could find that would deliver was, are you ready?????

Bleeding Heart Bakery -- I'm not kidding! (That's the tattooed woman with the dredlocks that's sometimes on Food Network Challenge with her husband.)

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 2:09am
post #4 of 4

OMG !! TOO FUNNY !!! ROFLMAO to both stories !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%